Member for Waite, Sam Duluk MP today welcomed the RAA’s advocacy for an alternative Higher Productivity Vehicles (HPVs) freight route which would encourage operators to use HPVs and alternative routes to the South Eastern Freeway.Read more
On 25 April, we commemorate one of our most important national occasions: ANZAC Day.Read more
Join us on your driveway at 6am this Saturday, and together we can Light up the Dawn with the ANZAC SpiritRead more
Sam Duluk MP today welcomed the announcement by the Department of Planning, Transport, and Infrastructure of the $400,000 Blythewood Road Pedestrian Crossing and Painted Median project.
This project will see the pedestrian crossing on Blythewood Road, adjacent to Scotch College upgraded to a pedestrian actuated (push button) crossing.
A painted median scheme will also be installed on Blythewood Road between Old Belair Road and Thorpe Street, which will separate traffic and provide sheltered right turn lanes into side roads, reducing the risk of rear end collisions.
“First as a candidate for the seat of Waite I fought for an upgrade to Blythewood Road, then as the Member for Waite I have worked with community stakeholders to push for and now deliver this vital project. The announcement from the Department means pedestrians and commuters in our community can get to school and work safely” said Mr Duluk.
Following completion of the works, a full-time bike lane will operate on the northern side of Blythewood Road and a part-time bike lane will operate on the southern side of Blythewood Road during peak hours.
Construction is expected to commence mid-April and be completed in May, weather permitting.
“I will continue to advocate for vital infrastructure upgrades that will make our community safer and improve traffic efficiency, such as the $20 million pledged to upgrade the Mitcham Hills road corridor” said Mr Duluk.
More information about this project can be found at www.dpti.sa.gov.au/blythewood_road
Sam Duluk MP welcomes the State Government’s announcement that they will establish a pilot to trial the use of medicinal cannabis in treatment for epilepsy in children.
The Governor’s recent speech to parliament confirmed the establishment of the trial for children who are not responding to other treatment.
“This is welcome news to many South Australians and their families who experience the chronic and debilitating health impacts of living with epilepsy”, said Member for Waite, Sam Duluk.
“For years I have been advocating for improved support for these families and have previously called for our state to consider medicinal cannabis as a treatment option.
“I hope that the trial will help South Australian children with epilepsy and will contribute to the evidence base to support the use of medicinal cannabis products.
“One in 25 people will have epilepsy at some point during their lifetime. Many are able to live full and productive lives through the use of medication and lifestyle changes.
“Positive steps towards improved care management have the potential to assist many South Australians and I look forward to the results of the pilot.”
The Marshall Liberal Government has announced that South Australian motor vehicle owners can now subscribe to receive registration renewal notices digitally, via email or SMS.
The new Marshall Government initiative will provide a better and more convenient service, as well as help improve the state’s environmental footprint and reduce waste.
The owners of South Australia’s 1.8 million registered vehicles with mySA GOV accounts now have the option to receive registration renewal notices via either email or SMS.
“The Marshall Government is continuing to deliver new initiatives that improve service delivery, in this case for South Australian vehicle owners,” said Minister for Transport, Infrastructure and Local Government Stephan Knoll.
“More and more people now prefer to receive their utilities bills or other correspondence digitally, whether that be email or via a text alert system.
“We are now offering a similar service to all South Australian vehicle owners to improve timely communication and provide them with a better service.
“We’ve already seen an overwhelmingly positive response since implementing digital drivers’ licence, with just over 200,000 South Australians opting in for that service.
“In fact, on average around 10,000 South Australians continue to opt in for digital licences each month.
“With around 70,000 registration renewal application forms currently being printed and mailed out on average every week, the introduction of digital notices will also help improve the state’s environmental footprint and reduce waste.
“The department will undertake a communications strategy to encourage more South Australian vehicle owners to sign up to the new digital renewal system.
“This includes promotional material included in all new vehicle registration notices, as well as a broader digital campaign on social media and at Service SA centres amongst others.”
The digital renewal notices will remind subscribers that their registration is due to expire approximately six weeks ahead and include a direct link for them to renew the vehicle registration online.
Subscribers will receive a follow-up notice during the week before their expiration, if the renewal has not already been paid.
If the registration expires, a digital notification will be sent on the day following expiry.
Motor vehicle owners who opt in to the digital renewal notice service via their mySA GOV account will no longer receive registration renewal application forms in the mail.
As of Wednesday, 11 December, 10,261 customers linked to 14,166 registered vehicles had already subscribed to receive digital notices since DPTI’s soft launch of the service last month, including 6732 new account holders. As a result, 1925 notices had been sent out digitally instead of by mail.
All new mySA GOV account holders will be defaulted to receive digital renewal notices, while existing account holders will be presented with a sign-up option on their home screen.
Customers can update their notice delivery preferences on their mySA GOV account at any time (which includes the option to unsubscribe), though they must have a verified mobile phone number recorded in their account to receive SMS notices.
Land tax payers will have access to a special hotline staffed by Treasury officials from today, as part of a suite of measures designed to inform South Australians about the comprehensive reforms, which will come into effect from July 1 next year.
Other measures include an updated RevenueSA website, featuring a link to an online land tax calculator enabling individuals and company groups to assess their land tax liability for the 2020-21 financial year, as well as the capacity to email questions directly to RevenueSA staff.
There will also be an offer of Treasury-led seminars for professional organisations, representing accountants and lawyers for example, where RevenueSA staff provide expert advice to those people who provide professional advice to clients regarding land tax.
Treasurer Rob Lucas said it was important all property owners who were land tax payers, or who might become taxpayers, were fully informed of the Government’s land tax changes and how they might - or might not - be impacted.
“Now that these historic laws have passed, we have a responsibility to ensure that all South Australians liable for land tax are well informed of what the changes will mean for them,” said Mr Lucas.
“We have implemented a range of measures designed to make it easier for individuals and companies to seek and receive the information that’s relevant to them and provide them greater clarity and comfort in relation to the reforms.
“From today, the RevenueSA website will be up-to-date with the latest information, there’ll be an online calculator so individuals can assess their land tax liability for next financial year, and we’ll have Treasury staff ready and able to answer calls via the new land tax hotline.”
The reform package – which reduces the top land tax rate from a national high 3.7% to just 2.4%, making South Australia a far more competitive place to do business, to attract investment and create jobs – will benefit 92% of individuals and 75% of company groups.
As part of the information campaign, a letter from the Treasurer is also being sent to about 270,000 property owners (at an estimated cost of about $270,000) detailing the comprehensive changes, including revised rates and thresholds and information about the Government’s $25 million transition fund and eligibility criteria.
Mr Lucas said an inevitable consequence of this process would be that, if an individual owns multiple properties, they may end up receiving multiple letters. Unfortunately, this could not be avoided.
“Ultimately, we want South Australians to head into the new financial year armed with all the information they need when it comes to our positive land tax reforms,’’ said Mr Lucas.
To find out more about the land tax reform package or access the online calculator visit www.revenuesa.sa.gov.au/LandTaxChanges . The RevenueSA hotline is 8226 3750 or, alternatively, South Australians seeking more information can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Marshall Liberal Government is inviting councils to apply for grant funding to improve our public
spaces, create more green open space and support local jobs.
Applications have today opened for the 2019-20 funding rounds of the Marshall Government’s Open
Space and Places for People grant programs.
The programs are being taken in a new direction with a greater focus on preserving and creating
more green and open space throughout Adelaide and regional South Australia.
“This is a great opportunity to green our city and to keep Adelaide as one of the most liveable cities
in the world,” said Minister for Planning Stephan Knoll.
“This fund will help to build better parks, plant more trees and increase public open space.
“Open public and green spaces are so important to the fabric and identity of a local community,
whether that’s in metropolitan Adelaide or a regional town.
“We are looking for projects that deliver this quality public open space, particularly in areas of
growth and renewal.
“Funding will be targeted for projects which also provide a diverse range of open spaces with both
active and passive opportunities and promote urban greening and climate change resilience.”
Minister for Environment and Water David Speirs said last year the Marshall Government invested
$13.3 million to help fund 31 projects through the Open Space and Places for People programs.
“We are continuing to create more open green public spaces throughout our city and regions to
improve liveability,” said Minister Speirs.
“The Marshall Government is growing Adelaide’s green credentials and through this program we will
help deliver projects that preserve and grow our open spaces.
“We are delivering Glenthorne National Park, opening up our reservoirs for recreational activities
and fixing our metropolitan beaches as we continue to make Adelaide a greener liveable city.”
Grants from last year’s round included:
• $1.9 million for the redevelopment of main street and town centre precincts in Victor Harbor,
Clare, Kingston SE and Strathalbyn;
$1.7 million for Stage One of the City of Holdfast Bay’s Jetty Road upgrade;
• $1.7 million for the City of Marion’s Tonsley Greenway project (a cycling and walking path
connection to the Tonsley Innovation District and the Flinders Hub);
• $842,000 to support the development of safe shared use trails and trail precincts in Mount
Barker, Port Lincoln and Port Wakefield.
• $577,500 for the City of West Torrens’ redevelopment of the playspace at Kings Reserve in
the western suburbs.
The Marshall Liberal Government has built a $12.9billion pipeline of infrastructure works over the next four years to create and support thousands of local jobs.
The massive $12.9 billion pipeline of infrastructure works is the most over a four-year period in South Australia’s history, underpinning the local construction industry and supporting the almost 80,000 construction jobs in South Australia.
The record infrastructure spend comes as the first sod is being turned today on the Paradise Park ‘n’ Ride that will create 78 full time equivalent jobs.
Since March 2018, the Marshall Government has secured billions of dollars for key road and infrastructure projects including;
•$354 million Regency to Pym Project;
•$220 million towards Gawler Line Electrification Project;
•$231 million Torrens Road (Ovingham) grade separation;
•$171 million Brighton Road (Hove) grade separation;
•$98 million to upgrade the intersection of Magill Road and Portrush Road;
•$61 million to upgrade the intersection of Cross Road and Fullarton Road;
•$60 million to upgrade the intersections of Goodwood/Springbank/Daws Roads;
•$35 million to upgrade the intersection of Glen Osmond Road and Fullarton Road;
•$19 million to upgrade the intersection of Main North Road and Nottage Terrace;
•$19 million to upgrade the intersection of Grand Junction/Hampstead/Briens Roads; and,
•$13 million to upgrade the intersection of Main North, Kings and McIntyre Roads.
•$200 million Joy Baluch Bridge Duplication Project;
•$122.5 million Port Wakefield Overpass and Duplication Project;
•$250 million to upgrade the Princes Highway;
•$143 million for road upgrades, including additional overtaking lanes and shoulder sealing;
•$125 million for the Eyre Highway to upgrade South Australia’s section from Port Augusta to Perth –including $32 million to upgrade Eyre Peninsula Roads;
•$87.5 million to upgrade the Sturt Highway from Renmark to Gawler;
•$62.5 million to upgrade the Barrier Highway from Cockburn to Burra;
•$92 million Victor Harbor Road Duplication; and,
•$55 million Horrocks Highway Corridor Upgrade.
“The State Liberal Government is investing a record $12.9 billion in infrastructure to build a stronger economy and create more jobs,” said Premier Marshall.
“We’re not just building roads, we’re also building schools, hospitals and affordable housing – our infrastructure build underpins a host of sectors within our economy and will improve the lives of everyday South Australians.
“There is more infrastructure work in the pipeline than ever before, and this massive investment will underpin thousands of construction jobs for years to come.”
Minister for Transport, Infrastructure and Local Government Stephan Knoll said the constructive working relationship with the Federal Government had paid dividends for South Australians.
“We are delivering billions of dollars to build for new road and infrastructure projects that will create jobs, reduce travel times and help save lives on our roads,” said Minister Knoll.
“By working constructively with the Federal Government we have secured billions of dollars to bust congestion in metropolitan Adelaide and fix over 1,000 kilometres of regional roads.
“We are also delivering key public transport projects including more Park ‘n’ Rides and the Gawler line electrification project, as well as big regional infrastructure projects like the Port Wakefield Overpass and Joy Baluch Bridge Duplication projects.
“Over the coming years we are going to see a transformation on South Australian roads as we upgrade intersections across the city to reduce travel times and fix our country roads.”
Member for Hartley Vincent Tarzia said the local community would be delighted to see works start on the long-awaited Paradise Park ‘n’ Ride.
“In a massive win for the local community, the Paradise Park ‘n’ Ride will now have 818 car parks, exceeding our election commitment of 775 spaces,” said Mr Tarzia.
“In addition, provision has been made for 20 motorcycle and 32 bicycle parking spaces.
“This massive upgrade will help get cars off the street and encourage more people to catch the O-Bahn service.”