The Division of Waite includes the suburbs of Belair, Blackwood, Brownhill Creek, Coromandel East, Coromandel Valley, Crafers West, Craigburn Farm, Eden Hills, Glenalta, Hawthorndene, Kingswood, Lynton, Mitcham, Netherby, Springfield, Torrens Park and Urrbrae. It also includes parts of Upper Sturt.
At the 2022 State Election, the suburbs of Bellevue Heights, Clapham and Lower Mitcham join the Waite Electorate, whilst Coromandel East, Kingswood, Netherby, and Urrbrae move into neighbouring electorates.
The Division of Waite was created in 1993, taking the name from Peter Waite (1834-1922), a prominent businessman. Waite arrived in Adelaide in 1859, purchasing land in Urrbrae in 1874. In 1883, Waite was made Chairman of Elder's Wool and Produce Company and in 1888, he became Chairman of Directors of Elder Smith and Co., a position he held for 34 years.
In 1913, Waite donated his Urrbrae estate to the University of Adelaide and further land in 1915. In addition, 45 hectares was given to the South Australian Government to establish an agricultural high school. Posthumously, in 1923, the University of Adelaide named their Urrbrae estate the Waite Agricultural Research Institute.
Waite is a proud community, full of friendly faces that go out of their way to help one another. People in Waite shop locally, take personal responsibility and action for preserving the environment and volunteer their time to participate in community groups.